Beacon Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beacon Village

Home of the premier village of the City of Islands Minecraft server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Neutrality

Go down 
+3
Ed
DuoNoxSol
chad_stumph
7 posters
AuthorMessage
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Once PvP is implemented on 31st October, I plan to initially institute a neutrality policy within the boundaries of Beacon Village. The village will be a safe haven for players of any faction, allowing everyone to trade or rest in peace. PvP activity within the village walls will not be tolerated. Vanguard will be enforcing this policy.

After at least a week, the Village Council will review the policy and decide whether or not to continue with a policy of neutrality or allow PvP within the village.
Back to top Go down
DuoNoxSol

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Are we to continue the cobblestone neutrality wall? If so, I believe Den still has a great deal of cobble, and I have a number of stacks left (from his generous gifts after dealing with the tnt scare) as well.
Back to top Go down
DuoNoxSol

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Also, what will the policy for weapon/armor wielding be within town? I vote that no swords shall be wielded without direct permission (automatically granted by entrance into the Vanguard.) Also, any establishment offering free or cheap aid to wounded travelers within the walls of the city shall be under Government of Beacon Village aid for expenses.
Back to top Go down
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:27 pm

These are good points. denghis and I were discussing the walls in-server today and think that it would be good to continue them. I have three large chests of cobble that can be used for it. We even discussed further expansion of the wall, making it 5 high.

As for wielding weapons in town, I think you have a great idea. Vanguard will need to in order to maintain order in town and protect the neutrality policy.

As for providing funding for establishments that provide aid, we would first have to either establish or contract with said establishments. The Inn in Midway will provide food and shelter for wounded passersby, as it is the only PvP free spot within the hamlet. We still need to contract employees for it once PvP begins and stock it. The government can either sell food items from there or subsidize the costs of running it.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:31 pm

is the midway hamlet under beacon rule BTW
Back to top Go down
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:35 pm

Ed wrote:
is the midway hamlet under beacon rule BTW

It is within the greater Beacon area, but my intention was for it to be self-governed by a Constable and the Innkeeper as a separate PvP settlement. Until a constable is found, though, I guess it falls under Beacon Village control.
Back to top Go down
Zege

Zege

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:19 pm

I believe I will add yet another sign to the Beacon Armoury, asking patrons to stash whatever weapons they purchase there. Probably an unneeded precaution, but it can't hurt.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:44 am

One point what about LRRites with out embassy grounds? Would that not count as LRR territory within the walls
Back to top Go down
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 9:43 am

Ed wrote:
One point what about LRRites with out embassy grounds? Would that not count as LRR territory within the walls

The ground embassies sit on is always considered extraterritorial and ownership rights are held by the "nation" occupying the embassy. Should you ever close or sell the embassy, however, the land ownership reverts back to the jurisdiction of Beacon Village. You would still own the lot, but your government would not hold governmental powers over it.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Yeah makes sense
Back to top Go down
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 1:47 pm

Ed wrote:

I think I might have misread this question previously. Lots owned by LRRites in Beacon Village are governed by the Beacon Village, not the LRRdom. The only exception to this is the embassy. Therefore, private LRRite owned lots in town are subject to the laws and ordinances of Beacon Village. The embassy, with it's extraterritorial status, is not subject to the laws of Beacon (although I would appreciate it if you didn't make your embassy buildings too outrageous or tall).
Back to top Go down
Ed

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 3:14 pm

no you read it right the embassy lot is the only exception

i ask because I was thinking where we should encourage beacon and sunnyvale to put theirs in our land when we open up.
Back to top Go down
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 3:48 pm

Ed wrote:
no you read it right the embassy lot is the only exception

i ask because I was thinking where we should encourage beacon and sunnyvale to put theirs in our land when we open up.

Okay, sounds good. Beacon will be ready when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
Vanguard

Vanguard

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:02 pm

If you don't mind I'm going to briefly revive this topic to ask a question.

Because the LRR Embassy in Beacon Village technically counts as being LRR's sovereignty, does that mean that any rules/restrictions (if any) that we come up with to govern our nation would apply here?

Moreover, if we were to create our own equivalent of the Vanguard they would technically have jurisdiction over the embassy, yes?
Back to top Go down
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:10 pm

Vanguard wrote:
If you don't mind I'm going to briefly revive this topic to ask a question.

Because the LRR Embassy in Beacon Village technically counts as being LRR's sovereignty, does that mean that any rules/restrictions (if any) that we come up with to govern our nation would apply here?

Moreover, if we were to create our own equivalent of the Vanguard they would technically have jurisdiction over the embassy, yes?

The embassy is under LRR jurisdiction and therefore laws and regulations. If you create a military branch, then yes, they would have jurisdiction over the embassy, although the Beacon Defense Force (or whatever we land up calling it) will also keep an eye on it when your forces are unable. I don't anticipate any troubles, though. Beacon Village will be a neutral zone, and griefing and fighting within the village boundaries will not be tolerated.
Back to top Go down
Vanguard

Vanguard

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:37 pm

Let's put this in the simplest of terms: we like you guys. Runner/Beacon fighting in the city limits, if at all, probably isn't going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Master Gunner

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:20 pm

Except for pre-planned/approved role-play, of course.
Back to top Go down
Vanguard

Vanguard

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:23 pm

Oh yes, of course, but we aren't going just come out of nowhere unannounced shouting "Rape and Plunder!" while setting things on fire.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:33 pm

our relations with beacon are good not so good with sunnydale and non existent with floating city
Back to top Go down
furaiz

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Ed wrote:
our relations with beacon are good not so good with sunnydale and non existent with floating city

Har Har, rape and pillage the floating city.. if we can jump high enough. bounce
Back to top Go down
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:45 pm

I agree, the relations between our "nations" is great and will likely remain so. I wasn't insinuating otherwise. I was just saying that I don't anticipate anyone from any faction attacking your embassy since it falls within Beacon Village boundaries and Beacon Village will be completely neutral or PvP free zone if you will. The rest of Beacon territory will be open to PvP, but I wanted a place where players from any faction could come to trade, regain health, or just take a break from PvP for awhile.

And I agree, relations with Floating City are difficult since there isn't an apparent leadership structure...or even any organization at all.
Back to top Go down
Vanguard

Vanguard

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:58 pm

Random tangent here, but I don't even know where the Floating City is, let alone anything about how they operate. They could be complete wingnuts for all I know.
Back to top Go down
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Vanguard wrote:
Random tangent here, but I don't even know where the Floating City is, let alone anything about how they operate. They could be complete wingnuts for all I know.

The Floating City, also called the Main City, was the first settlement in the server. It is completely free build and is quite disorganized. Canna is technically the leader, but he spends little time there and doesn't enact any set rules.
Back to top Go down
Master Gunner

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 10:18 pm

Does anyone spend any time in Floating City anymore? Everybody seems to have shifted over to Beacon and Sunnyvale. I've only being over there once.
Back to top Go down
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:23 am

Master Gunner wrote:
Does anyone spend any time in Floating City anymore? Everybody seems to have shifted over to Beacon and Sunnyvale. I've only being over there once.

Very few. Almost everyone has moved on to more organized settlements. What can I say? People seem to love organization.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Neutrality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutrality   Neutrality Empty

Back to top Go down

Neutrality
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beacon Village :: Order & Safety :: PvP Discussion-
Jump to: