Beacon Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beacon Village

Home of the premier village of the City of Islands Minecraft server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to Midway Hamlet!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

Welcome to Midway Hamlet! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Midway Hamlet!   Welcome to Midway Hamlet! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:33 pm

Midway Hamlet is a small settlement along Beacon Road halfway between the Spawn Point and Beacon Village. The hamlet consists of a business or two and a few small houses, and basically serves as a layover location for travelers heading to Beacon Village and other distant lands.

Midway Hamlet does not lie within the boundaries of Beacon Village and thus is not within the planned neutral zone once PvP is implemented. As such, travelers are cautioned to be wary when visiting the hamlet. The centerpiece of Midway Hamlet is the Midway Inn, which is the only neutral building within the hamlet and is the center of community life. PvP is not permitted within the inn.

Midway Hamlet is also not governed by Beacon Village or any other large town. It maintains its status as a free town, outside the bounds of any other community's laws. Governance is held by the local Constable, who maintains order in the hamlet and makes rulings in player disagreements. The Constable is advised by the Innkeeper, which is an odd arrangement, but necessary in such a small community.
Back to top Go down
gaspodethedog

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Midway Hamlet!   Welcome to Midway Hamlet! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:46 pm

Chad i would like lot D, or something even closer to the ocean for a boating business, so i either would dig a channel out to water or you get me a spot that is next to water. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Zege

Zege

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Midway Hamlet!   Welcome to Midway Hamlet! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:00 pm

I placed a sign on the lot I would like in the hamlet. I don't recall which lot it was, but if it conflicts with anyone who picked it before, I can move.

I am going to build an extension of the Armoury there, hopefully.
Back to top Go down
gaspodethedog

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Midway Hamlet!   Welcome to Midway Hamlet! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Oh, one more question, can we sell food to travellers or is that reserved for the inn?
Back to top Go down
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Midway Hamlet!   Welcome to Midway Hamlet! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:11 pm

Wow, lots of interest already. I like it!

I didn't finish plotting the hamlet before I had to log earlier. I plan to add at least one more row in the direction of the sea, so you shouldn't need a channel. Plus, if you want to sell food, that would be great! The inn might sell some items, but it will mainly exist so that there is one safe place to hide in the hamlet.

I love the hamlet already!
Back to top Go down
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Midway Hamlet!   Welcome to Midway Hamlet! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:35 pm

gaspodethedog wrote:
Chad i would like lot D, or something even closer to the ocean for a boating business, so i either would dig a channel out to water or you get me a spot that is next to water. Thanks.

gaspode, I assigned you a lot that has a small anchorage with sea access. Should give you enough room for the boat business and a path to the sea. It has a sign marking it as yours.
Back to top Go down
MrDerogative

MrDerogative

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Midway Hamlet!   Welcome to Midway Hamlet! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:03 pm

I'd like a lot to set up an apothacary service, free soup which would be helpful when PvP comes out. Any lot would be fine, mind if I can get my hands on one?
Back to top Go down
Ed

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Midway Hamlet!   Welcome to Midway Hamlet! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:53 pm

I would like a lot to set up yet another branch of my maratine services shop
Back to top Go down
gaspodethedog

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Midway Hamlet!   Welcome to Midway Hamlet! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 5:14 pm

Ed, mabe we can share my store if that is okay for you, as i have the "harbour lot".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Midway Hamlet!   Welcome to Midway Hamlet! Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Midway Hamlet!
Page 1 of 1