Beacon Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beacon Village

Home of the premier village of the City of Islands Minecraft server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Proposal] Canal Project

Go down 
+2
DuoNoxSol
chad_stumph
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

[Proposal] Canal Project Empty
PostSubject: [Proposal] Canal Project   [Proposal] Canal Project EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 1:16 pm

Ed has proposed the construction of a canal that runs from the bay just past Phase I through a small inland lake that lies outside of the Village wall to the bay just past the dam. Although the canal won't actually run through the Village, it will run along the outer wall. At some point in the future, the Council might consider annexing that land for further expansion.

So, should we approve the construction of the bypass canal allowing an inland water passage around Beacon? This would effectively cut Beacon off from the mainland and make it a veritable island.
Back to top Go down
DuoNoxSol

PostSubject: Re: [Proposal] Canal Project   [Proposal] Canal Project EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 1:52 pm

I vote Yay- Erm.. Wrong system. I'd go for that, and I'd be happy to work (being a landscaper/design person) on it myself. Now, however, I've got to finish the day's schoolwork.
Back to top Go down
Ed

PostSubject: Re: [Proposal] Canal Project   [Proposal] Canal Project EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:11 pm

I dont have voting rights but some more detail on my idea

I can make the canal myself for it to work it has to be built a specific way ill do this for free as beacon gave us an awesome deal on the LRR embassy plot.

i normally build canals five blocks wide and one block deep but im thinking 7x2 for this as it will be a major water way.

The reason it will have higher traffic is it will be a part of the quickest route from spawn to LRR harbour, the north LRR canal and anything els north west of beacon.
Back to top Go down
DuoNoxSol

PostSubject: Re: [Proposal] Canal Project   [Proposal] Canal Project EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:18 pm

No need to say you don't have voting rights, Ed, :p. You have them indirectly through manipulatio- I mean.. persuasion of the council. You've got my vote for a canal, at least. I (also being a waterworker) would be happy to devise a few systems for waterlocks, boatlifts, boatlocks, and closable dams, should it come to that. Let me know what goes on.
Back to top Go down
denghis

PostSubject: Re: [Proposal] Canal Project   [Proposal] Canal Project EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:24 pm

This proposal has my vote
Back to top Go down
Nobdy

PostSubject: Re: [Proposal] Canal Project   [Proposal] Canal Project EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:43 pm

I see no problem with the proposal, however I do ask that the canal should remain natural looking, to not disurpet the flow of nature around the city.
Back to top Go down
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

PostSubject: Re: [Proposal] Canal Project   [Proposal] Canal Project EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:18 pm

I agree with Nobdy. I've tried to maintain the natural beauty of the greater Beacon area because it had such beauty before I started development. The views over the water are still amazing, so the canal should definitely reflect this natural view.

That said, I also vote for the proposal. Even without Plat, the proposal passes with a majority.
Back to top Go down
Ed

PostSubject: Re: [Proposal] Canal Project   [Proposal] Canal Project EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:56 pm

Okay so we are having natural looking canal that means it will need to take a slightly longer route so the cuttings can be smoothed out the only other option is to remove a whole hill

I'll start work next time I'm in beacon
Back to top Go down
PlatinumBowser

PostSubject: Re: [Proposal] Canal Project   [Proposal] Canal Project EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:58 pm

There is no negative to building such a canal system, and the over all improvement of traffic will greatly benefit the people within Beacon who travel alot for mining or outside projects. I vote for the construction of the canal as long as the natural beauty is perserved
Back to top Go down
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

PostSubject: Re: [Proposal] Canal Project   [Proposal] Canal Project EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 pm

5 for 5...Passed
Back to top Go down
Ed

PostSubject: Re: [Proposal] Canal Project   [Proposal] Canal Project EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Looking at it i have an issue

there is a building in the the place I would have gone this leaves me two options if I'm to maintain a natural look

1. go the long way around just have it go far around and avoid obstacles

2. make a tunnel but have it look like a natural cave
Back to top Go down
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

PostSubject: Re: [Proposal] Canal Project   [Proposal] Canal Project EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 4:50 pm

Ed wrote:
Looking at it i have an issue

there is a building in the the place I would have gone this leaves me two options if I'm to maintain a natural look

1. go the long way around just have it go far around and avoid obstacles

2. make a tunnel but have it look like a natural cave

What building is in the way?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Proposal] Canal Project   [Proposal] Canal Project Empty

Back to top Go down

[Proposal] Canal Project
Page 1 of 1