Beacon Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beacon Village

Home of the premier village of the City of Islands Minecraft server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Proposal] Beacon Defense Force

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

[Proposal] Beacon Defense Force Empty
PostSubject: [Proposal] Beacon Defense Force   [Proposal] Beacon Defense Force EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:18 pm

With PvP soon to be implemented, it is time to closely inspect Vanguard and our contract with them. While the initial idea behind the creation of Vanguard was honourable, in practice I don't think that it will work as planned.

With PvP, I can easily see factions created for inter-server wars. We have multiple large land claims denoted on the server map: Beacon Village and surrounds, Sunnyvale and surrounds, the LRRdom, Renbail's Forest, AV Island, and others. As we get used to PvP, factions will undoubtedly form. The factions will most likely remain friendly with each other diplomatically, but still fight each other in the field for fun.

Basically, how can Vanguard operate in such a scenario? How can it remain completely neutral? It cannot. It will inevitably take sides despite the honourable intentions.

Because of this, I formally propose that we break with Vanguard as a policing force for Beacon territory and form our own defense network. We will need defense soldiers (perhaps called Constables or Sheriff and deputies in keeping with the theme) to patrol the Village to ensure that the neutrality zone is not breeched by fighting. Basically, the creation of a police force for Beacon.

Without Vanguard, we can use the Division 2 HQ on the main square as the defense HQ. All we need is a name and volunteers. I'd like the input of the entire council on this matter since it is so important.
Back to top Go down
PlatinumBowser

PostSubject: Re: [Proposal] Beacon Defense Force   [Proposal] Beacon Defense Force EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:57 pm

either way it will be extremely difficult to run a proper policing force. not everyone can be on all the time so no matter what we do there will be gaps in time where no on on said police force would be on, leaving our territory open for whatever attacks may befall it. while it is a great idea i can see no way we can guarantee a security force for the people who live within our territory
Back to top Go down
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

PostSubject: Re: [Proposal] Beacon Defense Force   [Proposal] Beacon Defense Force EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 3:27 pm

True, but Vanguard has the same problem. The Division 2 commander, esilence, hasn't been on in ages. I think we can at least do as well as that. And really, its just the neutral zone of Beacon Village that needs to be patrolled. If people are ganked outside of town, that's the risk they take for traveling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Proposal] Beacon Defense Force   [Proposal] Beacon Defense Force Empty

Back to top Go down

[Proposal] Beacon Defense Force
Page 1 of 1